Wednesday 9 May 2012

Something for You and Something for Me

It's been rough times on this side of the computer screen. If you've been following this blog for a while now, you'll notice that this sort of this happens every now and then and my attention is dragged away from writing about awesome (and not-so-awesome) marine biology news and I have to focus on lame things like surviving. As a result my blog gets neglected for a little while.

This sucks, but this is called life, and I think we're all accustomed to being a little bit flexible in the current climate (economic, social, etc).

But anyway, allow me to pop back in to mention two things I had planned on mentioning a while ago.

One is the prize-draw winner from the Origami Dolphin campaign! The winner of the draw is the creator of this little guy:



And she has won this:



Congrats!

If you weren't able to make your origami dolphin or whale yet - fear not. WDCS is still accepting little paper cetaceans until the end of September. Get foldin'!

The second thing I'd like to mention is that I'm older. A year older, to be precise (well, just about anyway). Last year for my birthday I raised USD$100 for The Nature Conservancy's Fund for Gulf Coast Restoration, which aids with long-term restoration projects for areas affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010. This year I'm doing another small fundraiser for The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW), who help distressed animals worldwide and were responsible for organising and tending to the hundreds of stranded dolphins in Cape Cod, Massachusetts this past winter. My goal is for the same amount of USD$100. Please consider giving what you can. Every little helps!



My birthday wish - $100 for IFAW!

1 comment:

  1. This is really great information. I have visited so many blogs however, I found the most relevant info here.

    ReplyDelete