Monday, 6 September 2010

Stranded Whale goes Out with a Bang - The Sydney Morning Herald

"Explosives have been used to euthanase a sickly humpback whale which washed up onto a sandbar off Western Australia's southwest coast."

Um...WHAT?! Am I reading this right?

The DEC was going to let the animal die of natural causes, but instead decided to BLOW IT THE HELL UP.

This is ridiculous.

"In a statement, DEC Albany district manager Mike Shepherd said the whale had moved a couple of metres from its original position, which was enough to stabilise the whale and kill it humanely."

I dunno about you, but I don't really consider dynamite "humanely."

Don't these people know what happened during the last attempt blow up a whale?

Full article here (The Sydney Morning Herald)

1 comment:

  1. Yes we Australians can be a bit thick at times... too busy with our "fosters" and getting distracted by "throwing another shrimp on the barbie".

    I hate Fosters and I've never hard BBQ Shrimp.

    either way, I was appauled when I heard about this but not surprised. That part of Australia is... well it's like the redneck part... full of stupid silly people.

    (we usually try to ignore them and hope they'll eventually go away)

    ReplyDelete