Wednesday 15 September 2010

Vladimir Putin Shoots a Whale - MNN


photo credit Alexei Druzhinin & AP


I must reference this picture as my reaction to the headline.

Putin has been very busy recently being awesome:

"...He's shot a Siberian tiger with a tranquilizer dart, ridden bare-chested on a horse, captured a polar bear alive to fit it with a tracking collar, and even flew in a tanker plane dropping water on a Russian wildfire."

And all in the name of good. Aww, Vlad...and people say you're a sketchy guy.

Most recently he helped marine biologists take a skin sample from an endangered grey whale for research. How? With a fuckin' crossbow.

Why?
"Because I like it. I love the nature."

What a ham. But good work, Mr. Putin.

Full article here (MNN)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I guess it's a good thing he's doing this kind of thing publicly. The research-help stuff, not the shooting-whales-with-a-crossbow stuff.

    ReplyDelete